Syracuse University’s Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience solidifies new organizational structure
Kiran Ramsey | Senior Design Editor
The Syracuse University administrative office that manages student enrollment and student life resources has solidified an organizational structure and identified priority areas, the university announced Friday.
According to an SU News release, the Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience will be organized into five priority areas. These priority areas include:
- Enrollment – Managing the university’s recruitment and enrollment across the socioeconomic spectrum and introducing prospective SU students and their families to the student experience
- Student Experience – Overseeing student life resources and support services
- Student Success – Partnering with Academic Affairs to improve student retention, success and graduation as well as addressing opportunities and challenges related to student persistence, degree completion and post-graduate success
- Institutional Research and Assessment – Collecting and analyzing data to help make decisions related to the student experience
- Operations – Directing the division’s administrative and business functions efficiently
The new organizational structure will align the division with SU’s vision, mission and Academic Strategic Plan, according to the release.
The division was formed in December 2016 after the separate divisions of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management were combined. M. Dolan Evanovich was appointed senior vice president of the new combined office.
Leadership roles for the enrollment, student experience and student success teams will be filled in the coming weeks, according to the university.
Published on August 26, 2017 at 5:08 pm